MPHA Legislative Priorities 2016
· Support Gun Violence Prevention efforts
· Support Vaccine Education and Promotion efforts
· Support a $6 million investment in for Safe Routes to School infrastructure
· Support a statewide comprehensive multi-modal transportation package that includes significant new funding for active transportation
· Maintain Statewide Health Improvement Program funding
The Policy & Advocacy committee chose these priorities based on current engagement in coalitions or other external groups, and political feasibility.
Also note that the legislative priorities are a guide for the organization, and are not meant to preclude action taken in support of other policies.