The Local Public Health Association is seeking nominations for the
Barbara O’Grady Excellence in Public Health Leadership Award.
This award is to honor and recognize a public health nurse in Minnesota for outstanding leadership and contributions to public health.
Nominations are due by Friday, October 14, 2016. The award will be presented at the
Local Public Health Association Annual Meeting on November 17, 2016, in St. Paul.
Criteria for nomination are:
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in one’s nursing practice;
- Demonstrates consistent leadership within the work setting and the external community;
- Assures consistent caring and commitment to clients and families, work teams, and the community;
- Demonstrates significant contribution or impact on program development;
- Enhances the positive practice of public health (i.e. advancing knowledge, motivating others and creating a positive environment);
- Impacts staff, students, and peer relating to their learning, practices or development.
Selection criteria include one or more of the following:
- Recognize expertise and leadership in public health nursing;
- Important contributions to advancing improvement in the health status of communities;
- Advocacy for public health nursing;
- Development of innovative programs in public health nursing;
- Collaboration with health, education, social services, or other decision makers and service providers.
To submit your nomination online and for more information about the award, including a list of past award recipients, visit www.lpha-mn.org/barbara_o'grady.
For more information, please contact Lorna Schmidt, Local Public Health Association Director, at 651-789-4354 or email@example.com.